Thrive Online Courses
All the Details
Helping professionals are at risk of experiencing issues that mirror those of their traumatized clients. Exposure to trauma, combined with a stressful work environment, can have dangerous consequences for the physical and emotional health of helpers.
Knowledge is the best defense against burnout, vicarious trauma, and compassion fatigue. The Thrive training goes further than other self-care trainings by addressing the critical elements of health that enhance productivity and quality of work. Utilizing research in neurobiology, psychology, and business, this training provides skills for helpers to be more effective and efficient at work.
Those completing Thrive: Self-Care will be able to:
1. Introduction – Introduces the training and covers a few key concepts that will be used throughout the rest of the training
2. Stress & Burnout – Examines how to effectively approach the work of helping in the face of stress and burnout
3. Helping Trauma – Examines the dangers that result when trauma overwhelms the helper's ability to manage the work effectively
4. Physical Robustness – Focuses on strategies and approaches designed to improve the helper's physical, cognitive, and emotional health, as well as improve the quality of the services helpers deliver
5. Mind Robustness & Mindsight – Focuses on strategies to improve the helper’s health and quality of work through building mind robustness and mindsight
6. Mind Robustness & Focus – Offers strategies and approaches for the helper, designed to better utilize the brain and maximize cognitive capacity
7. Social Robustness – Provides information on how personal and professional relationships can help improve robustness and resiliency
Program Descriptions and Cost:
"I really enjoyed the up to date research and data that this course shared. I haven't taken Self Care trainings that had so much NEW data woven in. Thanks for this!"
"Valuable, succinct information that is very relevant to my job!"
"Excellent. Will provide more awareness in my work."
"It was so practical and applicable - I can apply what I have learned immediately in my work."
"This information is powerful in assisting helpers in stressful situations."
"I continue to benefit from the personal reflection and work in the Thrive workbook, which helps me identify actions I can take to move forward in enhancing my own resilience and robustness."
"I really did get a lot from this course, both professionally and personally. The exercises in the work book helped me to visualize and put into practice what I had learned and it will definitely help me in the future. I also made another copy so that I can use them with my clients. Thank you for this opportunity!"
Coldspring team photos © Brianna Doby
Coldspring Center for Social & Health Innovation's mission is to improve the social, emotional, and physical health of individuals and communities in need worldwide.